Saturday, April 14, 2018

John the Baptist

I've been reading "Prayers for Prodigals" by James Banks since October and today I had read a note I had written the first time I read the section. I wrote to read Luke 1. So I did.

When I came to the prophecy from the angel Gabriel about John's life to come I noticed that in verse 15 it says, "For he will be great in the sight of the Lord, and he will drink no wine or liquor; and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit, while yet in his mother's womb." Emphasis mine.

 There is a notation before the word "while" and it says "even from" which means that John was filled with the Holy Spirit when he was a "fetus" (Latin) or unborn child (English). When his mother, Elizabeth, heard Mary's voice he leaped in her womb. Undoubtedly for joy.

Satan is at work murdering millions and millions of unborn children who are capable of being filled with the Holy Spirit.


No comments: