Saturday, May 21, 2011

Nothing new under the sun...

God cannot let evil continue on the national level. Don't be surprised at who is causing fear worldwide today.

Habakkuk 1:5&6

"Look among the nations! Observe!
Be astonished! Wonder!
Because I am doing something in your days--
You would not believe if you were told.
For behold, I am raising up the Chaldeans, (the Babylonians - historic Iraqis)
That fierce and impetuous people
Who march throughout the earth
To seize dwelling places which are not theirs."

12b-15

"Thou, O LORD, has appointed them to judge;
And Thou, O Rock, has established them to correct.
Thine eyes are too pure to approve evil,
And Thou canst not look on wickedness with favor.
Why dost Thou look with favor
On those who deal treacherously?
Why art Thou silent when the wicked swallow up
Those more righteous than they?
Why has Thou made men like the fish of the sea,
Like creeping things without a ruler over them?
The Chaldeans bring all of them up with a hook,
Drag them away with their net,
And gather them together in their fishing net.
Therefore, they rejoice and are glad."

Habakkuk prays 3:16-19

"I heard and my inward parts trembled,
At the sound my lips quivered.
Decay enters my bones,
And in my place I tremble.
Because I must wait quietly for the day of distress,
For the people to arise who will invade us.
Though the fig tree should not blossom,
And there be no fruit on the vines,
Though the yield of the olive should fail,
And the fields produce no food,
Though the flock should be cut of from the fold
And there be no cattle in the stalls,
Yet I will exult in the LORD,
I will rejoice in the God of my salvation,
The Lord GOD (YHWH) is my strength,
And He has made my feet like hinds' feet,
And makes me walk on my high places."

No comments: