Monday, December 13, 2004

Jesus is Angry

Merry Christmas! I was speed reading Revelation this morning looking for terms regarding the souls of the dead being in Heaven for my brother's mother-in-law who lost her son and is questioning God's existence when I came across an interesting description of Jesus. I haven't yet done a study through the New Testament in regards to the coming Manasseh judgment but this caught my eye...

Revelation 6:12-17 And I looked when He broke the sixth seal, and there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth made of hair, and the whole moon became like blood;

and the stars of the sky fell to the earth, as the fig tree csts its unripe figs when shaken by a great wind.

And the sky was split apart like a scroll when it is rolled up; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

And the kings of the earth and the great men and the commanders and the rich and the strong and every slave and free man, hid themselves in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains;

and they said to the mountains and to the rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the presence of Him who sits on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb

for the great day of their wrath has come; and who is able to stand?"

I know a lot of people who will say this happens during the tribulation, but I am a post-tribulationist and believe Christians will be on earth during this time of judgment. I do not believe Jesus returns twice. It's too complicated to make the Word fit a view rather than a view to be simply from the Word. And here it says that the Lamb releases His wrath. Are those sealed by God who survive the Great Tribulation on earth when the wrath of the Lamb is released? I'm going to have to dig into that.

OVERCOME.

No comments: